2007年7月1日 星期日

學習英語的策略與方法→Learning Drills

留言者 Mae
留言時間 2007-06-21 17:48:57
標題 Learning Drills
留言內容

The beginning of Rome

The earliest Roman setters were mostly shepherds. Their settlements, mainly in the Roman hills, eventually joined to form the city of Rome. It is believed Romulus and Remus were the legendary founders of Rome, but no one knows for sure if they really existed. However, their story exemplifies strength, a quality admired by ancient Romans, there are several versions of the Romulus and Remus legend. Read the one below. Follow the directions after the story.

Romulus and Remus were twin sons of the war god, Mars. They were set adrift in a basket on the Tiber River by a wicked uncle who hoped they would die. But they survived. A she-wolf heard their cries and rescued them. She nursed them until they grew to be young boys. Then, Faustulus, a shepherd, adopted them. Along with his wife, he raised them as if they were his own. When Romulus and Remus became young men, they set out to found a city. The bothers argued about where their city should be located. Then, supposedly, Romulus killed Remus, named Rome after himself, and became Rome’s first king.

(I am sorry! I should ask questions in Chinese but I can’t)
1.List the things in the story that symbolize or are examples of strength.

2.Name places in the story that are real.

3.Do you think this is a true story? And give reasons for your opinion.

You can answer in Chinese except question 2.


留言者 josielai
留言時間 2007-06-21 20:04:48
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

Romulus ~ a son of Mars and legendary founder of Rome
Remus ~ a son of Mars slain by his twin brother Romulus
Rome is also known as Roma

1."War God" "Mars" "king"

2.Rome - Tiber River

3.It was a legend. My opinion is 70% of a legend probably was based on true story with 30% of action added by story teller in order to make story more
spectacular/interesting to the audiences.
傳說羅馬是由一對孿生王子羅穆拉斯(Romulus)和拉姆斯(Remus)所建立的 。當這兩兄弟還是嬰孩時,他們惡毒的叔父把他們扔到河裹去,並取而代之成為國王。嬰孩後來被一隻母狼救起,並養大他們。兩兄弟長大後成為傑出的戰士,把惡毒的叔父殺死,並建立一個新的首都。有一天,兩兄弟發生爭執羅穆拉斯殺死了拉姆斯,之後,羅穆拉斯把首都建好,並以自己的名字把首都命名為羅馬。



留言者 philo-sopher
留言時間 2007-06-21 21:34:24
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

一、List the things in the story that symbolize or are examples of strength.
答 :
首先要說明,這題是很主觀的問題,因個人對strength定義不同。

(1) They were set adrift in a basket on the Tiber River by a wicked uncle who hoped they would die. But they survived.
(沒被淹死,還能存活,這算不算strength?)

(2) A she-wolf heard their cries and rescued them. She nursed them until they grew to be young boys.
(沒被狼吞了,還能被養活,這人定有過人之處吧。)

(3) they set out to found a city.
(您從小到大有過什麼志願? 您敢想建造一座城嗎? 這算不算strength?)

(4) Romulus killed Remus
(為了城該坐落何處,不惜手刃兄弟,這是邪惡的strength)



二、Name places in the story that are real.
(1) Tiber River
(2) Rome



三、Do you think this is a true story? And give reasons for your opinion.
找不到證據前都說是傳說,找到證據後就是史實。
也許荒誕,但也許現今文字跟前代意義不同;
也許古時生活方式不同,或許那時狼專責奶媽工作也不一定。


留言者 Mae
留言時間 2007-06-22 07:54:17
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

Dear Josie:

Did you use this artical to teach your students?
Your answered is quite like a serious teacher who explain
to her students. You are a very good teacher.

And my answer have a little bit diffent with you guys, about question 2 , no doubt that we all had the same answer.

Sorry, I got to go ! see you later1

留言者 Mae
留言時間 2007-06-22 08:54:59
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

Dear P.S :

This title is good, I like it! especail for a lazy woman like me, I hope you don't mind arn't you?

一、List the things in the story that symbolize or are examples of strength.
答 :
首先要說明,這題是很主觀的問題,因個人對strength定義不同。

I do agree with you, this artical and questions was from the Premier Educational Publisher---"Daily Learning Drills" just for grade 4 . but they didn't offer answers at all.

I think in the story not for symbolize,

"However, their story exemplifies strength"

1."But they survived" this is the first strength.
2.and 3 just what you said.
and 4. My positive thinking is "became Rome’s first king."


三、Do you think this is a true story? And give reasons for your opinion.
找不到證據前都說是傳說,找到證據後就是史實。
也許荒誕,但也許現今文字跟前代意義不同;
也許古時生活方式不同,或許那時狼專責奶媽工作也不一定。

My answer is 50% of a legend, and 50% might be a true story, many of a long history countries which all have had such stories, why? nobody knows, so I gave it 50% .

I hope 明光,慈寬,and 腦筋 pleae join us !




留言者 Mae
留言時間 2007-06-22 09:45:53
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

Dear 大路:

I do like listen in your opinion, how to use properly "Prepositions" is my big problem, I know P.S very good on it, but he always protecting me and won't hurt me let me feel bad.

Do you know? I always confuse with "on" "in" "at" those basic grammer's rules.

Teach me sometime! I'll appreciate.
I bought some great English books here(深圳),this new “深圳书城”as big as shipping mall in American, has 9 big building connected with air corridor.

Anyway, I know I need read more and practice as possible as I can.


留言者 傷腦筋
留言時間 2007-06-22 18:33:31
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

Dear Mae:

我有看到你的Learning Drills,正在想是什麼意思時,那知josie 和p. s. 都早就有答案了。樂得enjoy.

看你的China trip seems very good, 一面上我們的討論區,還可以也去shopping。除了功課外,也分享你的trip . 謝了。

留言者 Mae
留言時間 2007-06-24 01:43:00
標題 Re:Learning Drills
留言內容

謝謝腦筋的關心,玩累了還是家裡最好!尤其心掛著要與各位學習,也去了澳門,沒我想像中的美,至於賭場ㄧ點都不好玩,我是以娛樂的心情去嘗試,但那種氣氛與拉斯維加斯比起來,還有一段路要走,外表硬體美觀,但內涵的軟體還是比不上我們的水準,葡式古蹟也不像歐洲的那種感覺,聽說年輕人喜歡去那高塔作高空彈跳,這我倒是沒敢嘗試就是了!

明光學長:
好久未與您切磋切磋了!提個意見嘛!

沒有留言:

網誌存檔